Craft Beers at Atlantic Grill East!
Tuesdays at Atlantic Grill on the East Side:
Atlantic Grill East introduces its revitalized craft beer program this week! We will be highlighting new craft beers every Tuesday, so stay tuned for what craft beers we will feature next week and the weeks to come. They are available to purchase when you dine with us, just as your server!
This week we featured the following:
Schoenramer Pils, Bavaria, Germany – $12/16.9oz bottle
Boulder Hazed & Infused Dry-Hopped Ale – $7/12oz can
Speakeasy Big Daddy IPA – $8/12oz bottle
Want to know more about the breweries?
• Still very rare in NYC and we are one of the first restaurants to carry it according to its sales rep
• ABV: 5.4%
• Light in color, full flavored, touch sweet on palate
• Aroma Hops for a mouth-watering-bouquet
• Uses organically-farmed Barke malt which is the rarest and most expensive malt in the world
• Open fermentation
• Recently won Gold at the World Beer Cup
• Schoenramer brewery operating since 1780, now under Alfred Oberlindober (9th generation)
• The small town of Schoenram is located by the German Alps
• Beer Advocate = 87 points
• Unfiltered Amber
• Category: American Pale Ale
• Flavorful and aromatic through the use of Crystal and Centennial hops
• Boulder Beer Company is Colorado’s 1st Microbrewery
• ABV: 5%
• Beer Advocate = 83 points
• In 1979 two professors at the University of Colorado received the 43rd brewing license issued in the United States, creating Boulder Beer Company, Colorado’s First Microbrewery
• Driven to be environmentally friendly. Examples:
◦ In 2010 we invested in a new glycol chiller that helped us save 16% in electricity for the year.
◦ On average, over 130 tons of our spent grain is reused as feed supplements by local farmers every month.
• Another local farmer reuses our leftover yeast for pig feed.
• Beer Advocate = 84 points
• The Bros = 90 points
• Generously dry-hopped yet surprisingly drinkable American-style India Pale Ale
• Poured into a standard pint glass, the beer is a golden straw color, with tight carbonation and a slightly off-white head that leaves a lovely lacing
• The aroma is floral, fresh grass, pine needles, grapefruit, and subtle notes of fresh bread.
• Operating since 1997