A last taste of winter
As spring is almost here, get one last taste of winter comfort food at home for a special event we recently did with City Harvest!
City Harvest Pumpkin Ravioli
180 each ravioli
8lb Pumpkin (Yields 5lb Puree)
1lb Sheep’s Milk Rocotta
2oz olive oil
6 oz Brown sugar
2 tbsp Nutmeg
½ ea. Orange; zest of
- Cut pumpkin into large wedges, rub olive oil all over and sprinkle brown sugar and 1 tbsp nutmeg on to the pumpkin.
- Roast at 350 degrees for approx’ 45 minutes
- Scoop pulp out and place in a food processor, add ricotta, orange zest and remainder of nutmeg, salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Using a ravioli press, spread the pasta sheets out and pipe the puree out. Brush water around edges then place pasta sheet on top then cut out raviolis.
2lb Flour (00)
1.75floz Olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients then wet, let rest then roll dough out with pasta machine
(Pasta sheets can also be bought pre-made)
4 gloves Garlic
Thyme and bay leaf
16 floz white wine
32 floz chicken stock
1 qt Cream
1 lb Brown Butter
- Sweat onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Deglaze with white wine, reduce by 90%.
- Add chicken stock and reduce by 50%.
- Add cream and cook 5 min.
- Remove from the heat; infuse with sage, strain through chinois.
- Whisk in brown butter. Adjust seasoning.
- Cook Raviolis in boiling salted water for approximately 3-4 minutes
- Strain and add sauce,
- Can be garnished with diced pumpkin, toasted pumpkin seeds and upland cress.
03/17/11 11:32 AM